This page contains a tutorial on scientific computing in Python 3.
The tutorial is used during classes of “Computer Aided Calculations”.
- Why python?
- Python shell as a calculator
- Rational numbers
- Lists, tuples, and dictionaries
- Iterable objects
Additional materials and bibliography
- Gaël Varoquaux, et al. Scipy Lecture Notes
- Jake VanderPlas Python Data Science Handbook
- Robert Johansson Introduction to Scientific Computing in Python
- Hans Petter Langtangen A Primer on Scientific Programming with Python
- Hans Fangohr Introduction to Python for Computational Science and Engineering (A beginner’s guide) book and slides
- Andrew Ribeiro Workshop: Scientific Computing in Python
- Karlijn Willems Pandas Tutorial: DataFrames in Python
- Selva Prabhakaran Numpy Tutorial Part 1 – Introduction to Arrays, Part 2 – Vital Functions for Data Analysis